18 quotes that will convince you that vulnerability is strength
If you have been raised like me, you were probably taught to only show your best face to the world, to get your shit together, to hold it together and that showing vulnerability is exposing yourself to the criticism and judgement of others.
This mindset might have served us at some point in time but it appears more and more obvious nowadays that maybe the only way to really live a fulfilling life is to allow ourselves to make peace with being vulnerable.
Down below you will find a collection of 18 powerful quotes on vulnerability that I hope will convince you that: vulnerability = strength. Post in the comments section the quote that resonated the most with you and don’t forget to share to uplift others.
1. Being vulnerable is the only way to allow your heart to feel true pleasure.
- Bob Marley
2. To share your weakness, is to make yourself vulnerable; to make yourself vulnerable is to show your strength.
- Criss Jami
3. Vulnerability sounds like truth and feels like courage. Truth and courage aren't always comfortable, but they're never weakness.
- Brené Brown
4. The strongest love is the love that can demonstrate its fragility.
- Paulo Coelho
5. Vulnerability is the birthplace of love, belonging, joy, courage, empathy, and creativity. It is the source of hope, empathy, accountability, and authenticity. If we want greater clarity in our purpose or deeper and more meaningful spiritual lives, vulnerability is the path.
- Brené Brown
6. We're never so vulnerable than when we trust someone - but paradoxically, if we cannot trust, neither can we find love or joy.
- Frank Crane
7. Emotional pain cannot kill you, but running from it can. Allow. Embrace. Let yourself feel. Let yourself heal.
- Vironika Tugaleva
8. Sometimes we must yield control to others and accept our vulnerability so we can be healed.
- Kathy Magliato
9. If we’re wrapping ourselves up to conceal any vulnerability, whatever happens to us has to go through all those extra layers. Sometimes love doesn’t even reach where we truly live.
- Alexandra Katehakis
10. People can be at their most vulnerable, but still tenacious at the same time.
- Toni Bernhard
11. Vulnerability really means to be strong and secure enough within yourself that you are able to walk outside without your armor on. You are able to show up in life as just you. That is genuine strength and courage. Armor may look tough, but all it does is mask insecurity and fear.
- Alaric Hutchinson
12. You can’t find intimacy—you can’t find home—when you’re always hiding behind masks. Intimacy requires a certain level of vulnerability. It requires a certain level of you exposing your fragmented, contradictory self to someone else. You running the risk of having your core self rejected and hurt and misunderstood.
- Junot Díaz
13. The brokenhearted are the bravest among us. They dared to love.
- Brené Brown
14. True safety was not in having armor. It was in vulnerability.
15. She is a beautiful, powerful badass woman who sometimes falls apart inside after she drops her bags by the door and tosses her stilettos. Her vulnerability at night helps her to rise stronger in the morning.
- J. Autherine
16. We need to rebrand vulnerability and emotion. A vulnerable man is not some weird anomaly. He is open to being hurt, but also open to love.
- Grayson Perry
17. We can only experience the true beauty of vulnerability when we're courageous enough to crack open the fractures in our mask and allow the light to shine in.
- Alicya Perreault
18. If you’ve created a work culture where vulnerability isn’t okay, you’ve also created a culture where innovation and creativity aren’t okay.
- Brené Brown
I hope these quotes shifted the way you think about vulnerability and will ignite in you the courage to live a more open life. Personally, the quote number 16 by Grayson Perry is my favorite, as it speaks directly to a trait of behaviour that more men should be open to adopt today. What about you? Share in the comment section your favorite quote. Don’t forget to share this post if it resonated with you and again, subscribe below to join the Thrive Tribe and be the first to know about new and insightful blog posts and freebies.
Until next time, Keep thriving.